Join Me This Spring for a Gardening Adventure!


I have a confession to make: I'm not a very motivated gardener. I wasn't born with much of a green thumb, and to be honest I haven't done much to develop it. I mean, I've dabbled in gardening a wee bit. A handful of homegrown strawberries and tomatoes have made it to my kitchen table. But as for really growing our own food? That's always been something I'll do next year.

Well, this is the year I'm going to make the jump into organic gardening. And I'm not the only one. The Seeds of Change Organic Seed company just gave away over 100 million seeds (seriously--100 million!) to inspire home gardeners to grow their own, too.

I'm excited to announce that Seeds of Change has teamed up with Real Food Media bloggers. Ten of us received packets of organic seeds from Seeds of Change, and we're going to be blogging our way through our gardening experiences throughout this spring and summer!


Join Me This Spring for a Gardening Adventure!

Join me and other Real Food Media bloggers along with our readers this year as we share our gardening experiences on our blogs. We'll also be sharing photos of our beautiful vegetables, herbs and flowers on the Seeds of Change Facebook Page.


How to Participate

To participate in the garden challenge, please shop on the Gardening Supplies and Seeds section of my Resource page. Order your seeds and let’s get planting!

Then you can become a fan of Seeds of Change on Facebook. When you have photos of your garden, post them on their wall! Be sure to include a photo caption and a link to the Virtual Garden photo album here: http://bit.ly/seedsofchangevirtualgarden

Next you can follow Seeds of Change on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/seedsofchange (If you want to Tweet about the campaign and encourage your followers to join in the fun, remember to use the special hash tag #sowingmillions.)

Our Real Food Media blog posts will go out through these Seeds of Change social media channels, so you can keep up with what all the Real Food Media gardeners are doing, and even learn tips for container gardening or growing herbs in your kitchen!

And if you're a gardening rookie (like me!), this is the perfect time to start your own garden. Being a part of a real food gardening community is just what you need for motivation and helpful advice. This is a team effort, and together we can become home gardening pros (or at least green up those thumbs a little bit).

Please note: I wrote this post while participating in the Sowing Millions Project by Real Food Media on behalf of Seeds of Change. I received product and exclusive content to facilitate my post. My thoughts and opinions are my own and not those of Real Food Media or Seeds of Change.






-----------------------------------
Follow Me on Pinterest