2010: Popular Posts, Best Books, and Best Blogs!



It's hard not to do some reflection this time of year. A year is closing, another one on its way.  Looking back on 2010, I know this year was a huge stepping stone for me. I spent all of this year experimenting with different ways of eating (remember the milk diet?), putting the final nail in the coffin for dieting, and finally getting a grasp on where I want this blog to go. 

I must have known it all along. After all, why else would I have called it The Nourished Life? But something in me was still looking for the perfect macronutrient ratio, the perfect superfood, and the perfect supplement. Letting go of the dream of finding perfection and finally being able to look at my life (and my body) as a whole gave me some perspective and set me on the right track.

So in 2011 we're going to stay truer than every to living a nourished life. I've going to dig deeper and unveil what's really holding you back from living life to the fullest. We'll talk about food, we'll talk about health, we'll talk about dieting, and most importantly we'll talk about life.

Thanks for spending 2010 with me. I've valued every comment left on this blog (even the occasional snarky one!), and every email from all of you. You've all challenged me to think even more deeply about the message I want to be sending to the readers of this blog.


Top Ten Most Viewed Posts from 2010












Best Books I Read in 2010


Health At Every Size: The Surprising Truth About Your Weight Health At Every Size: The Surprising Truth About Your Weight by Linda Bacon literally changed the course of my life and my blog. After reading this amazing book, I immediately knew I'd been thinking all wrong about my weight. I gave up the scale and haven't weighed myself in three months. I gave myself permission to be happy, to be beautiful and to live life to the fullest regardless of my weight and my imperfections.





Nutrition and Physical DegenerationAlthough I've read snippets in Nourishing Traditions and on other real food blogs, this year I actually sat down with Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A. Price and looked at every picture, read about the different native diets, and had some incredible realizations about real food. You can't sit down with this book without coming away completely astonished at the health and happiness available through living in a community centered around real traditions and real food. I wish everyone (and especially every dietician, nutritionist and physician!) would take the time to read through this amazing book.


The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pages of Cutting-Edge Content.While completely unrelated to nutrition, The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss got me to think hard about the kind of life I wanted to lead and how I wanted to spend my time. Sure, some of his suggestions are out there and occasionally he sounds like a salesman, but frankly I've never read anything that touched this. If you feel like you're stuck on the treadmill of life, pick up this book and read it today.





My Favorite Blogs from 2010 




A special thanks to Ann Marie from Cheeseslave, who motivated me to do my first podcast (more of those coming in 2011!). And to Kelly from Kelly the Kitchen Kop, whose amazing e-course for rookies gave me the best gift in the entire world: a real food friend who I can go buy raw milk with!




-----------------------------------
Follow Me on Pinterest