Easy Baked Bacon, Pill Parody Video, and Avocado Smoothies

First - since it's Monday again - it never hurts to start things out with a laugh, so here's a little video parody for your enjoyment:



Do You Bake Your Bacon?


Now, next to comedy, my favorite way to start off the week is with some seriously good food. Like bacon. I don't know about you, but just the mention of bacon is enough to get me salivating. But I used to hate cooking bacon. I could never fit enough on the stovetop at once, and I must hold some kind of world record for getting burned by spattering bacon grease.

But then I ran across a recipe that started me cooking bacon a whole new way: in the oven. Maybe you already knew about this, but I have to say, when I discovered cooking bacon in the oven last year I was one happy camper. It is so easy, and the bacon cooks so evenly - no more burnt centers with flappy edges. 

Easy Baked Bacon

1. Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees F.

2. Line bacon slices up on a large cookie sheet.

3. Bake for about 20 minutes, no turning necessary.
4. Serve it while it's still hot!

Avocado Smoothies

I heard rumors floating around that avocados could be used in smoothies, but I wasn't a believer till this morning. This recipe turned out to be completely delicious... and I don't use that word frivolously. My smoothie was incredibly creamy, thick and smooth. The purple color was particularly striking, making it both beautiful and tasty.

Avocado-Blueberry-Coconut Smoothies
makes 1 large serving or 2 smaller servings

1 cup raw milk (you can also try kefir, juice, or another liquid replacement)
1/2 avocado
1/2 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
1-3 tablespoons of your favorite sweetener (I used raw honey plus stevia)


Blend for 30-60 seconds until smooth. You can also a few raw egg yolks to make it a complete meal in a glass. (Learn more about eating raw egg yolks here.)




-----------------------------------
Follow Me on Pinterest