Delicious and Nourishing Pumpkin Smoothies




'Tis the season for pumpkins, you might say. And I do love pumpkin. Since I'm aiming for three servings of kefir or yogurt per day right now, I've been finding new ways to serve it up. My favorite so far is a pumpkin smoothie! Plus, made with homemade kefir or yogurt, it's chock full of probiotics. Very gut-friendly, right on topic with my post from yesterday about gut health!

Nourishing Pumpkin Smoothies
Makes 2 servings

2 cups kefir or plain yogurt (raw milk or cream can be used, too, if you prefer)
2-4 tablespoons mashed pumpkin
2-4 egg yolks (from pastured hens)
2 tablespoons unrefined sweetener (like maple syrup or palm sugar)
or sweeten with stevia to avoid the sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon spices (try all spice, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon or a delicious combination!)

Blend all ingredients in a blender for about 30 seconds. Serve cold with a dash of nutmeg on top. It's quite festive and perfect for a healthy holiday treat. Egg yolks are optional, but they do bring a richness to the drink.

Let me know if you try this and enjoy it! I use this recipe nearly every day. I feel like I'm indulging in a decadant holiday dessert, but it's actually good for me!

Need quality real food ingredients? Check out my Resources page.


And don't forget to try these probiotic recipes:



-----------------------------------
Follow Me on Pinterest