Chocolate Coconut Smoothies

I love smoothies. They're easy, delicious and you can pack a lot of nutrients into a quick meal when you don't have time to cook. After reading Eat Fat, Lose Fat, I know that incorporating more coconut into my diet is a great things for my metabolism (plus coconut provides a myriad of other health benefits!). I recently purchased a bag of Coconut Milk Powder to test it out, and I discovered it makes smoothies wonderfully thick and flavorful. Plus, it's an excellent way to get more saturated fats into a smoothie - which is not always an easy task. Here a favorite recipe of mine:

Chocolate Coconut Smoothies
makes 2 servings

2 cups raw milk (or try yogurt or kefir for the probiotics!)
2 tablespoons cacao powder
2-4 tablespoons coconut milk powder
2-4 raw egg yolks, optional
2-4 tablespoons of your favorite unrefined sweetener (or use stevia to reduce sugar content)

Blend all ingredients in a blender for about 30 seconds until well mixed. Pour into glasses and enjoy!

To me, this tastes like a coconut candy bar. It's great for satisfying a sweet tooth.

Are you wondering why I include raw egg yolks in my smoothie recipes? I explain the benefits of raw egg yolks here.

Need quality real food ingredients? Check out my Resources page.



-----------------------------------
Follow Me on Pinterest